Apprenticeship: train for service while you serve.
The MMS Apprenticeship is an intense, thirty-month, full-time aviation maintenance ministry that prepares mechanically oriented men and women to touch lives and change the world in ways far beyond a normal reach.
The apprenticeship requires a logical thought process, a steady personality, spiritual maturity, established life skills, and mechanical interest and aptitude. After a brief Basic Training period, apprentices are thrust into the reality of our aviation maintenance shop and are expected to function well within the dynamic nature of a rapidly changing work environment, multiple aircraft projects, complex tasks, and cross-cultural maintenance teams.
From the first day in our hangars, you are a vital member of a tight-knit team of professionals committed to return missionary aircraft to safe and effective flight service around the world. Apprenticeship puts you knee-deep in Kingdom work in the short-term right here in Ohio and opens hangar doors all over the globe where God’s harvest fields most need workers. Who would have thought those with a tool box, willing hands, and a soft heart for others could change lives forever?
After apprenticeship at MMS, those qualified for flight training transition to Missionary Air Group in Burlington, North Carolina. The flight training takes up to two years, depending on previous flight experience and is intended to complete a candidate’s training with about 400 hours of flight time.
- be at least 20 years old
- be able to speak, read, write & understand English
- be assured of personal salvation through Jesus Christ.
- be committed to a lifetime of service in Christian Missions.
- be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- be in good physical health.
- have mechanical aptitude and interest.
- have 1-2 years of full-time work experience.
- have lived independently for 1-2 years, managed a budget, and cared for themselves.
- be free of consumer debt (Note: limited educational debt may be considered).